Benzodiazepines

Nothing cryptic about this posts heading.  I take this type of medication from time to time, and have found it to be extremely useful.  I have posted before about Xanax, which is the branded name of the medication.  I call it my jagged little pill.

There is no doubt it helps me, it pulls me back from the frantic panic, and anxiety that, sometimes enters my life.  It restores order and peace to my mind, I feel while under its grip that I can cope that I can deal with the things that led me to take them.  Its a trick, a chemical trick that works well with me.  I only use them sparingly as resistance to the medication comes around easily.

So why the Jagged pill.  One of this medications side effects is memory loss.  Its good in some ways bad in others.  An example today would have been I swore my partner had been home, but that was not the case I simply did not remember the way things were laid out. The good side of the memory loss is that I don remember those things that upset me to begin with, the dreams etc have no lasting effect because withing hours they are no longer there.

I do however loose entire days of my life, in a lovely blue haze of safeness.  Something I cannot describe to any one else. A silence and calm that I wouldn't have without taking this little pill.  Of course there is the temptation to abuse the medication.  I have never and would never do that, its not me to abuse drugs and I cannot see any time in my future that would be the case.  I see my medications as tools, no different to using a computer as a tool to write this post.

Below is a description of the drug and how it works if your interested.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/depression/medicines/xanax.html

So next time I mention my jagged pill you will know what I am talking about


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?