My world is upside down

The last couple of weeks have been really difficult on this end.  My partner works as a nurse at a nursing home, and has been qualified for over 2 years.  I normally don't talk about my relationships, but this is getting hard.

There is nothing wrong between us, but there is some major conflict around his work.  Twice in the past 2 weeks I have had a phone call with him crying and upset on the other end.  His work has had a habit of taking advantage of his good nature and his deep care for the residence.  This has meant that he does a lot of extra shifts over each pay period.  Up till now this has not been an issue, as the pay has been welcome. However now they are taking away regular shifts for the extras he does often at a 1/2 hour notice, sometimes he has to to double shift which sees him at work for 16 hours straight.

On top of this they have been incorrectly paying him for over 2 years.  Since he was qualified his pay rate was meant to increase.  It hasn't and after providing graduation details 6 times its still not rectified. I have run the numbers and if I am right it is a lot of money he is owed.

So he feels very unappreciated, both of us are stressed, which means our normal relationship activities have ceased.  Right now he is asleep, collapsed due to the stress of what happened today.  This is indicative of what they ask of him.  He went in for training this morning and was rostered for an 8 hour shift starting at 1.00pm.  After the training he went out and killed 2 hours before returning to work.  While waiting to start his shift he gets a call.  They want him to do a 5 hour shift starting at 3.00pm.  No warning, no please, just your now doing.

Now he didn't do the shift.  He left and we met up away from his work to talk about it.  We both went together to another nursing home where he knows the DON and filled in an application there, so he can have somewhere else to work.

Im so tense so worked up by the way he is getting treated.  I find myself clenching my fist all the time, and I just want to go in there and tear them a new one.  Im trying my best to stay professional and steer him through this so everyone ends up with what they want.  But its taking every last bit of my strength not to snap and drive down there.  I hate seeing the look of dejection on his face.  He is a sensitive soul, makes him brilliant at his job, and I cannot stand to see him hurt like this.

I have called the relevant work authorities this afternoon, our next step is a legal firm to take it on for him, it is totally unprofessional for a large NGO to treat its staff this way.  Ohh and we wont even go into the incorrect payments over Christmas new year that were smaller than a normal pay.

Anyway, think I might need to go take one of my jagged little pills, take the edge of my anger and paranoia.  Any thoughts or prayers during this time would be appreciated by both of us.

Thanks for reading


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?