I blame IKEA

Well after many years of fine service my office desk chair broke yesterday.  It was all worn in and comfortable as a good office chair should be.  So it was with the greatest sorrow that I went to find a replacement chair today.

I went down to the local office works with a price in my head that I wouldn't spend over and sat on just about everything (yes I know that has a sexual connotation, but this is a clean post)  it turns out I liked a mid price ranged chair so I got one of those.

Now this is where its all IKEA's fault.  Everything furniture wise is now in a flat pack.  Its usually short some vital bits and the hex key tool usually came out of a furnace from the dark ages.  No written instructions just bad drawing with arrows and letters that match screws.  Well they would match if the screw bubble pack had the letters printed on it.

So you crawl around on the floor like a 5 year old with leggo trying to put them all together.  Tell me what ever happened to buying furniture that wasn't meant to be put together but came complete ???

Ok i must be old or be feeling it, but when you spend over $100.00 on a desk chair I kind of expect it to be in once piece.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?