Christmas Parties

Well its that time of the year again, people leaving work, work Christmas parties etc.  I attended one with my partner this evening, and all I can say is I don't miss going out to these things.

There is always a couple of groups of people you can be guaranteed to ruin the night for everyone.

(1) Those that get loud.  People who get louder and louder the more drunk they get, really get on my nerves.  One of the girls that was out tonight is known for her volume, and true to form tonight you could hear here at least 2 city blocks away.  Worse she tried karaoke and she cant sing so she yells into the mic.  eeek double distortion.

(2) The sleaze.  This is the person who checks out every female or male and works out which one they can talk dirty to.  Shame they always pick someone who is married or in a committed relationship.  My issue with this person is they always seem to do it within ear shot and worse they think its funny when they get told to f**k off.

(3) The hyper socializer, this is the person who jumps between groups at close to the speed of light often saying less than ten words.  These people are frustrating because they have the habit of changing the topic of discussion then disappearing.

Then there are the normal people who try to make the best of the situation, finding someone to talk to and not trying to over compensate like everyone else.

The other thing about this type of party is that there is inevitably some kind of drama, like tonight.  The people who had organized the event failed to properly read the terms and conditions and got the shock of their life when the food bill topped $880.00  Seems someone forgot to tell everyone it was $17.00 a head for the food.  Oh well I didn't get there till after the food had been and gone so no way I was handing the $34.00 over.

Anyway I hate this forced get together stuff, much prefer to catch up with friends over a nice 3 course meal and a bottle of something that means I cant drive :).

On a lighter note, I left earlier the noise was making me confused so I went and stood out near the car.  The car was parked in front of the old QR rail station.  I was a little taken aback when I realized how beautiful the building was, so I will go back with the camera in the next couple of days get some day and night shots.  Will share some of the better ones with you all




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?