Being a horrible Friend

Well i suppose the header says it all.  One of my best friends is in the middle of a major project to bring a business on line.  Now I know lots about the web and computers, I have used just about every version of operating system known to man, and fixed problems that have had others perplexed to the point of replacing systems.

So how am I being a bad friend.  When my friend came to me with the idea, I thought it was great.  I convinced him it was worth the effort.  Then the wheels fell off on my end.  I got sick for about 8 weeks and left him in the breeze.  No matter I gave him the guys I use when I have to much work and he has been dealing directly with them. 

Cut to this week.  He has just about finished his stock and the website is far from complete.  It needs someones size nine fair up the backside of the main web designer, and a warning about non payment should his lax attitude to this project continue. 

It comes down to this.  In essence the project is none of my business.  It was made that way at the beginning. God knows I have plenty to do without that being added to my work load.  But he is one of my best friends so I feel I should do something.  Even though they entered the project without my guidance.

You see I am still a little put out that people who would normally wait for me went ahead without me.  Now its a mess they want me to come in and clean it up.  So for once I am not doing that.  I am being a horrible friend. 

I have so many times bailed people out when they get into trouble, insist to them that its no worries to me.  Yet the whole time I am muttering under my breath about why people feel the need to use me when it suits them.  Why don't I get the choice.  Then I realized I do get the choice.  They only get the choice when I let them.

So for once in my life I am being a horrible friend.  I wont be used for when people need me or for when people feel they need to go around me and my 20 something years IT experience.  If you don't want or don't accept the guidance that I offer and are not prepared to pay for it, then you don't get it.  I'm the new me the one who looks after himself first.  If that makes me a horrible friend and a selfish person then welcome to the new me.

Comments

  1. Some time business will make a person selfish. At that person will not take care about his best friend, he only thinks about his own benefits. It will not be happen in between of friends.

    http://www.joomladesignservices.com/684-going-mobile-with-your-joomla-cms-portal.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think to be honest it has more to do with me not being taken advantage of again. Has happened so many times over my life. Basically I am a shining example of why good guys come last. So rather than being a good guy I will look after me fist. Looking after others first has lead to my near suicide and mental illness so the other way cant be that bad in comparison

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?