Aussie Muscle

I have intimated in other posts here that I have owned a few, how shall I put it, performance cars in my life.  Over at Flimsy Cups Mr e.f. bartlam, was talking about being a road warrior.  I certainly know how he felt, for over a decade I was on the road constantly visiting customers and suppliers for my own businesses.

Traveling on the road has some down sides and some up sides and is an experience to say the least.

Anyway I commented on his post about my performance cars I got to drive, so I thought I would post a couple pictures I could find on the web about one of the cars and some specifications for a great piece of Aussie Muscle car.

Ford AUIII Tickford TS50

Specifications TE50 / TS50
Base Price, AUSD 57,350 / 66,950 Engine Type OHV 16-valve V8
Powertrain Layout Front engine, RWD Displacement, cc 5602
Horsepower@rpm 335@5250 Torque, lb-ft@rpm 368@4250
Curb Weight, lb 3792 0-60 mph, sec

 I had the TS version with the better trim Bembro Brakes etc.

A write up and pics can be found here http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/HTML/ford_tickford_t50_au3.html


Loved that car and in the flesh it was mean and rumbled like a good V8 should.  Black on Black and reliable.  I had owned two HSV Clubsports before hand but they kept breaking down.  First one I owned for 3 months and it was only on the road for 2 weeks, the second one was worse.  I picked it up and didnt get 9kms on the clock and the diff blew.. Sorry GM you lost a die hard supporter that day.



I took the tickford on a couple track days and had a ball.  But in the end like all the expensive toys I handed it back when the lease was up.  Little did I know that would be the last new car I would own for 7 years.  I got sick about a month after handing the car back and closed the doors 3 months later.  The rest is history so they say, but now working my way back to hopefully own another muscle car. :) But this time it may not be an Aussie, tips in the pics below...

Comments

  1. I don't no where I'd put the coolers but....it's a problem I'd like to have.

    Sweet.


    You'd probably better suited to write that guide. It's really a small miracle that I don't end up stranded every time I go out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?