Blade Runner

As a kid the first time I saw this movie it all but blew me away.  It struggles with complex ideas and scenarios.  It does this the whole while you are lost in the depth of the characters, it was one of the all time great SciFi movies.  The opening scene is amazing and one I can not get out of my head even all these years later.

However there is one scene that I find amazing and delivered by the least likely of characters.  I suggest if you haven't seen this movie that you do, in a way it puts things in a different perspective.



Comments

  1. Yeah it was, and considering how it was done with no major CGI, it is a true masterpiece. Having Harrison Ford in one of the lead roles helped. He has always had this habit of making the unbelievable believable.

    The tears in the rain scene, has stuck with me my whole life, think it made me realize the truth about life, that those moments go with you. Now I recognize those moments when they happen and I cherish them even more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of movies would benefit from backing off the CGI a bit...maybe a lot. Some of it's not that convincing and much of it is just too distracting.

    Science fiction can be very poignant like that. It provides a lot of opportunities to slip things in on people...put things in a plain light without being obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think thats maybe why I like them so much. In a world of make believe where nothing is real, kind of re writes the rule book on what you can and cannot do.

    I also like the Japanese Anime from the 1990's they tell stories that you couldn't do in any other format. More recently a film called Waltz with Bashir and animated film from Israel and definitely worth the time and effort to watch, may make a post about it later.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?