Printers Again

Hey all, been a little while since I did an update on the CISS system I have installed on my primary network.

I have an epson workforces 840, with wireless networking.  I purchased this printer because of its ability to duplex on the fly and to auto scan and fax.  To be honest its an amazing printer, we regularly print border less A4 photos off this machine, and we have them up all over the house.  To put it simply the CISS has made this a real possibility.  If I was paying for standard cartridges or even refills there is no way we could have afforded to print the number that we have.

It really came into its own when a customer required full color hand outs for a promotion they were doing.  We printed a couple thousand of these and the CISS made it very cheap to do.

The savings are great.  The whole CISS system including inks with the kit were around $100, I only purchased refills a month ago.  For $100 I have 2 full fill ups all colors.  Remembering that the CISS holds 10ml  which is far more than most ink cartridges.  I am more than impressed with the system, its fantastic.

The only downside that I have had with this printer and the CISS has been routing the tubes, the third attempt was the best and the current system I have installed.  If I had the choices over again, I would purchase something with stationary cartridges, a lot less work to setup.  This is by no means an issue with CISS itself but rather for simplicity.

Overall one of the best decisions I have made in IT in a long time, cheap to run, high quality in short brilliant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?