Angry Disgusted and Ashamed

There have been very few times throughout my life that I can honestly say that I have been ashamed to be an Australian citizen.  I am normally very proud of what this country stands for and its values.  Well today I don't feel that way at all.

Im not sure how many news services around the world reported the going on in Sydney a couple of days ago.  An illegal protest was arranged an it turned violent. Sydney Riot

To say I am angry and disgusted by these actions is an understatement, most Australian are, and average people are asking why should we allow these people in our society.  We are a free society where protest and being heard are part of the equation.  The violence was unacceptable leave your hate at the door when you come here or simply put most Australians don't want you here.

It has brought out the best and the worst of the multiculturalism in this country, what happened is unacceptable and I think one image from the day says it all.   Hate is taught and I cannot believe that in this day and age in this country that the woman could be proud of her son carnying such a message.  I am angry beyond belief that these people (term used loosely more like animals) are teaching the next generation hate.

I would not find these actions any different if it were neo Nazis using violence and hate to get their point across.

I am truly ashamed of what has happened, To the rest of the world this message.  Please forgive us while we sort out our own house.  From me personally a message to the protesters,  you preach hate, you incite violence, and you will be dealt with using the full force of the law.  But you have made it harder for those less radical to exist in our society.  You want equality then act like a citizen not a barbaric thug. Those more moderate you are too quiet on this, you need to stand up be heard or you will forever be branded by this event.

There is no excuse in a democratic and free society for the actions in Sydney, never again will I look at a Muslim the same way.  I hope your all happy guys because there are many like me now.  Ashamed of you ashamed of your hate and now our country that we allowed you to exist.



Comments

  1. I'm not ashamed...because I'm not personally invested in the yankee government and not shocked by anything they do...but, the US government's stance on Free Speech has been appauling in response to these violent temper tantrums.

    I think everybody from the president to the janitor at the white house has rushed to a microphone to announce how disgusted they are by the video. The job of these politicians is to protect and uphold pre-political rights...that's their only legitimate purpose. They are failing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a load of shit apologising for a video made by an Egyption Coptic Christian. Violence is never the answer in this case.. For me I am furious that a child was being used in such away. When you come here you check your hate at the border.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?