New Med Update

Hi all been a few days, just thought I would give you an update on my med status and how I feel in general right now.

Firstly let me say that Valdoxan has been a major success for me so far.  The initial agitation and side effects have now passed and I have found that mentally im stronger and able to deal with stress better on this medication.

Importantly I feel I have more confidence when things go wrong.  For example my car has an intermittent fault at the moment and its taking a while to locate and fix.  Normally the anxiety associated with this would have me heading for a Xanax.  Instead im cool calm and collected about the whole thing.  Yes I am anxious but its more than manageable.

As you will have noted have had a tough couple weeks relationship wise, but we seem to be through it and things have definitely changed for the better between us.  I know a few of my posts during this period have been dark, but I posted them knowing a post like this would follow.

Its important to show that I still have those dark days that I still get unwell, because in doing that I show people who read my blog that there is a point to struggling through those bad times.  That there are always better days ahead.

So I have been asked to consider changing my anti psychotic medications.  Had a long talk with my treating doctor today and he suggested a new medication called Saphris.  I dont know much about it, but I am looking at giving it a try.  Doctor said I am going to be unwell for several weeks during the change over.  I will keep posting about how I feel and how things are going.  Again so that people understand that treatments can sometimes make you worse before they make you better.

On a side note sometime in the next 48 hours this humble little blog will pass 15,500 page views.  Again thanks to all that read, and I hope in some small way, I am helping others to know what it feels like to live in my world.  And for those living in my world that there is always hope.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?