Priorities

Things always end up being a compromise of some kind, no matter the best intentions.  We live our lives based around a set of priorities.  What do I mean by that ?   Simple really, we create lists in our heads and try to follow them in order the best way we can.  For example on priority is paying our bills on time, another might be going for a daily walk.

But its more complex than that.  When goals and priorities come together.  Do you strive towards your goals at the expense of those priorities.  I am finding right now that i have huge conflicts between the goals I want to achieve and those things that I must do.  I have a set of goals I want to achieve, but to achieve them basically I have to give something up.  The only way around this is a compromise.  I wish I didnt have to but I do.

I hinted a little while ago I am involved in a project, that will one day see me make some really good money and remove any reliance I have on others for my living.  I want to push this project to finish it to get it done so that day can come.  But because of the situation I find myself in with my illness and my financial ability, I can not do that.

So I sit, and I wait till the opportunity arises that I can move forward with it.  Its frustrating, and at times soul destroying but I try.  I know one day I will look back at this and realize that it was all worth while but right now I cant do that.  Right now I see a heap of issues that need resolving and I don't have the financial or mental ability to make them go away.

Im getting to old for this shit, if I don't get my crap together soon, my post working life is going to be quite horrible, no money no house and no certainty about my future.

Why isn't my life more simple than this ?  Because I chose a path early in my career that has seen me hit the highs then have it all taken away by my illness.  Now I basically exist, I had cars houses money, would spend more on a meal than most people made in a week.  Now I have very little and even that will have to shrink over time if I cant get this project going.

Anyway you have heard enough of me bitching about my life, I need to suck it up, stop worrying and keep trying.  After all my first million didnt come easy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?