Lamenting times lost

I think part of getting older leaves you to wish for the past.  I don't know whether that is because we wish for better days, or that we don't feel comfortable with the way the world has changed around us.

When I was younger I couldn't understand why older people insisted on listening to older music, and how uncool that was.  Yet now I find myself in my late 30's and lamenting the music we left behind.  Please don't get me wrong I do like some of the new music, but I find time and time again, that I go back and listen to the songs of my late teens and early 20's.

So I find out a couple days courtesy of my partner that the bands I like listening to is bogan (red neck) music.  How did something so cool end up with that status.  I do listen to a lot of Australian bands from that time.  But the way of life I enjoyed has gone now and I know that no matter how much I lament the loss it will never come back.

While I can never have my past back I can listen to this great music and remember people and places I have lost over time.  Out of all of them Ryan is the one I miss the most.  Taken so early from me by a drunk driver.  Of all the things that could have been different it was his loss I miss the most.

The song below was ours.  I remember sitting listening to the album in his bedroom on the bean bag in each others arms.  A great memory for me, one I will never forget.  I could go on for hours how my life would have been different had he not been killed.  But I know none of that for certain.  So I have my memories and my music, and I love the fact no one can take either from me.

So enjoy your music and your memories but don't forget to make new ones each day. Something that when your old and grey at the end of your life, you can sit and listen and remember with fondness the amazing life you made for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?