Holding Back the Years

After reading about Sharron at Jewelling the elephant and her effort to go see some live music it made me all sentimental about the music we all used to listen to. So I thought I would add a few of my favorites from the 80's and 90's for everyone to enjoy.

Firstly Simply Red


Starship "We Built this City"




Mondo Rock "Come Said the Boy


Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight"



Guns n Roses "November Rain"



For those who dont know the video clip was based on a short story. 

The story for those who are interested can be read here Dell James "Without You"

And I cant finish a music montage without Roxette "Listen to your heart"



I grew up listening to this music, it still takes me back to times and places I wont forget, but more importantly for me, a place and time where I was learning about the world around me.  These songs gave me hope, and they helped me when no one else could.  I still believe today that certain songs play to your soul, not just your head and your heart.

I hope you enjoy, while I am off to listen to more great music, this time the new Linkin Park album.  






Comments

  1. Thanks for the shout out Horse, and stopping by my blog :) LOVE November Rain and Roxette. Your right some music does play to your soul. Enjoy Linkin Park :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I loved Roxette they were awesome, and GNR were simply amazing saw them live, shame GNR didn't last longer because the music is grand.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?