Memories

Its late here, heading to bed soon but I thought I would share this with the blog world first.  I was laying back on the bed just before looking at a picture of my late father.  A man i still miss terribly, and I doubt my mother will ever get over his loss. 

I was thinking back to all the things we did, some of its blurry thanks to my illness but some of it is crystal clear.  My father had a lot of jobs in his life from a Dairy farmer to transport supervisor and just a general truck driver.  There were plenty of jobs in between also.  I realized tonight that there was something more than just missing him, i missed going to his workplace as well.  More importantly I have now realized that, I may never do one thing again in my life.  I know this sounds stupid but the smell of a vat of fresh cold milk really means something to me now.

I find it interesting all these great memories are based around that smell.  Its not the same as the smell of milk in a carton, its not processed has all its fats and solids it just smells different.  When we left our farm when I was just a little boy I would go visit my uncle on his dairy farm during the school holidays, and then later when dad was doing milk pickup I would go with him at night and help him out.  One thing that is constant through all that is the smell.

Ok now I know I have the odd screw loose and that at times my thought processes are a little strange, but I also know that the memory of that smell brings back a lot of fond memories of a man, I hope to see again one day.  I also hope beyond all hopes just to have the opportunity to lift the lid of a vat full of fresh milk so I never ever forget the smell


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?