Fixing other Peoples Problems

Recently I was invited to be part of a project, that would ultimately end up in making some money.  The project needed my particular skill set to get off the ground.  I was unwell for a couple weeks and unable to bring myself to do any work.  Then the person who was running the project and my best friend decided to go ahead with the project without me.

Now I was pretty annoyed by it, so I swore that I would not get involved in the project at all, and that there would be no help.  I thought it particularly unfair they did this behind my back.  Anyway here we are some 5 months down the track, the project is off course running behind and doesn't look like getting completed this year.  Both sides have asked for my input, which I have been very sparing in providing.

Now dont get me wrong, im no longer upset with either of the people involved and I understand the reasons behind them going it alone.  But I also know that where they are right now with the project was inevitable because they had no one of any experience running it.  In the past that's what I got paid the big $$$ for.

So for the first time in a long time I am not fixing their problems, they made the bed they can sleep in it, to think they can pull a project of this scope off without the in depth business and project experience I had to offer was stupidity on their behalf.

Its one of the things I have learned over the period of my illness and that is I am not responsible for cleaning up other peoples mistakes.  They will sort it all out with time, something I have endless amounts of


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?