Gay Marrige

Right now in Australia the debate about gay marriage is being thrashed out on a national stage with a vote by parliament likely before the end of the year.  I am not going to hash over the issues and turn this post into a tirade of for or against, because I am sure that you have read it all before.

I personally stand for same sex couples to receive the same under law as any married couple.  Whether this is called marriage or something separate , I don't particularly care.  However I think my stance on gay rights can be summarized in a quote by Mr Harvey Milk.


'It takes no compromise to give people their rights..it takes no money to respect the individual.  It takes no political deal to give people freedom.  It takes no survey to remove repression.  -Harvey Milk-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?