This is a greater saga than days of our lives.

An update of sorts.  As you all know there have been issues with the car of late, and that we have been replacing some very expensive bits trying to get it sorted.

Well Friday lunch time took the poorly running car over to the mechanics to replace the Alternator that I ordered brand new from the UK the week before.  He tells me before I get there that I should be able to do the work on my own..  Turns out there isn't a chance in hell I could have lol.  We had some major drama's getting it fitted, but its in and has cleared one set of faults.  We also fitted the washer motor that hasn't worked since I got the car.

It wasn't a total loss the alternator was bad and causing issues, but its not the reason for the stalling and poor running.  We now heavily suspect that it will be the fuel pump.  We would have checked the fuel pressure on Friday had the apprentice not destroyed the tester a couple weeks ago. So going in on Monday to see if that is an issue.  If it is should be able to fix it by mind the week after next.

On the positive side we found out that the timing belt had been done on time was a brand new belt inside the crank housing so that makes one feel a lot better. Have a spare kit here for the next belt change.

Reality is we are replacing things that could break down in the future and since I have no intention of selling the car any time soon, its far from a waste of money.  If anything its reassuring because I know all of  the major items have been replaced.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?