The Garden

Hey all.  Unlike most people the winter in the tropics is the best time of the year, the humidity is low and the temperature is nice and warm.  However it does present its challenges.  Once we are in the winter or dry cycle we may go three or four months with no rain at all.  This means the poor garden gets a bit of a hammering, as does the lawn.

We started watering in earnest about 3 weeks ago, and the garden is flowering which is awesome, please don't ask me what each flower is as I have no idea, I just know they look fantastic and I thought I should share them with you all.

I love this time of year, its a bit like the calm before the storm, as we move towards the heat of December and the wet by January.   It was one of the hardest things I had to come to terms with when I moved here was how hot and wet the summer months are, but hey we have the best winters on earth, and I challenge anyone to come live here and say otherwise.  Wont be long will have tons of green tree frogs around, be wonderful.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?