A little Education

Well, after quitting the course I was doing last year because I felt I would be unable to complete it, a lot has changed.  Firstly I have had a change in medications, which has made a significant difference in my ability to cope with life in general.  But more importantly it has stopped the depressive inability to do anything problems.

I wake up most days wanting to do something.   I am finding that I can concentrate for extended periods of time and I feel motivated to do something.  This has lead to me gaming again for starters and writing short stories.  Since my mental collapse and everything that has come with it, I have found it far easier to help others who are either stressed or not coping with situations in their lives.

The course I quit last year was in counselling, but it wasn't recognized by any of my potential employers, so other than me not being able to finish it, it was going to end up being a huge waste of time and money.  So I have now enrolled in a counselling course that is Accredited and recognized country wide.  It can lead to employment once finished, and can lead into a full Degree in Psychology which also interests me.

I officially enrolled a couple of days ago, and have been approved for Fee Help.  They emailed me a student pack today with my student number etc, and they have mailed me out other documents.

To say I am excited is an understatement, I will be treating this like a job.  Start same time every day, finish same time every day.  That I hope will help me by creating more structure.  It also means that I have 3 trips to Brisbane for a weekend over the next year around the end of each semester.

But its more than all of that, its more than just helping others.  You see I have changed the way I look at me, and what I have to offer the world.  I have been fragile to say the least in the past, with small setbacks being a major point of failure.  I think more importantly for me is that I am doing this for me.  Not for someone else but me.  Like the weight loss, I see this new me as a change of Identity if you wish.  In a way the change in meds and the weight loss has had a major impact on the way I see me, and therefore my confidence to do things in the real world.

Thanks for reading I know its all a bit Deep and Meaningful, but I am genuinely excited about what is going on in my life right now, Im excited to be moving forward with a plan for the next couple of years of my life.  My life is changing and I hope, no I know it is for the better.

Comments

  1. Good luck with that man..the studies and putting them to use. It sounds like a good place to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like things are finally swinging my way this past couple months, and I am really looking forward to the studies. Don't worry I will find a reason to bitch about them :)

    Thanks for dropping buy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?