The first song.

This is just a personal one.  When i first started down the road to recovery I could not listen to music, I would become over emotional and crash.  I can tell you my life was very empty without it.

Then one afternoon down the strand watching people run by a car pulled up playing the song below, and I could listen without the emotional overload.  So this song though most of you will have never seen or heard it before, brought me back to the joy of music.  So please look listen and enjoy.


Crowded House "Dont dream its over"

Lyrics

There is freedom within, there is freedom without 
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup 
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost 
But you'll never see the end of the road 
While you're traveling with me 

Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over 
Hey now, hey now, when the world comes in 
They come, they come to build a wall between us 
We know they won't win 
Now I'm towing my car, there's a hole in the roof 

My possessions are causing me suspicion but there's no proof 
In the paper today tales of war and of waste 
But you turn right over to the T.V. page 
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/c/crowded+house/dont+dream+its+over_20034394.html ] 
Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over 
Hey now, hey now, when the world comes in 
They come, they come to build a wall between us 
We know they won't win 

Now I'm walking again to the beat of a drum 
And I'm counting the steps to the door of your heart 
Only the shadows ahead barely clearing the roof 
Get to know the feeling of liberation and relief 

Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over 
Hey now, hey now, when the world comes in 
They come, they come to build a wall between us 
We know they won't win 

Don't let them win 
Hey now, hey now 
Hey now 
Hey now, hey now 
Don't let them win 
Hey now, hey now 
Don't let them win 
Hey now, hey now

:)

Comments

  1. I love Crowded House, and I love that this song is the one that helped you to listen to music again. Glad you can, music does soothe the soul.

    My favourite Crowded House song is Pineapple Head. A rare case of when the melody music and general vibe win out for me over lyrics

    p.s thanks for stopping by my Insanity post, I can only HOPE to drop as many kgs as you did, my calves are aching but other than that I am Ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I love Crowded House. I find as I am getting older that my music tastes are changing but the old stuff is still the best. Lots of good memories.

    As for the insanity post, just look after yourself, no need to kick yourself in the head if you dont have to. I find small goals are easy to achieve and keeps you going. Best of luck

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?