Home and other things

Hi all;

Well I am home have been for a couple of days, the new dog is settling in well.  The trip we took to get her will go down as one of my best road trips ever. 

You see when I look out a car windows, I see things differently.  I see the light the shadow, the color and more importantly the beauty of what is passing  me by.  I think all to often we get stuck in a rut, we see the same things every day.  Or worse still we don't see the things around us we become immune. 

I am sure Mr Bartlem from flimsy cups would agree its one of the great things about making your living on the road.  The sheer variety of environments which you interact with, from plains to hills from straight road to the windy stuff, from big towns and cities to places with a road sign only. 

I am often moved to tears about the beauty I see on the road.  Watching the sun come up over the plains was amazing.  The light dancing off the ranges in the distance, that color change to dazzling light, and the dry winter grass turning the world yellow.  Above fluffy cloud formations through which the light spreads.  Again one of those moments, that make life worth living.

To often we travel with our eyes closed or exist without realizing the beauty that surrounds us.  If you can learn one thing from me, it would be take to time to see the beauty in the every day


Comments

  1. I do agree.

    Of course, at the moment I'm stuck waiting in a gravel parking lot, under a scrub oak.

    The pictures are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, was an amazing trip... now only if the luck will see me rid of this mitsubishi before I have to spend more money on it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?