At What Point

Well just got off the phone to my mother.  Once again she is in crisis, after she had her rental assistance cut because my uncle failed to return a document for her social security payments.

To be honest I was harsh.  I have given up pandering to her problems, things that can easily be fixed that she chooses to make a major incident out of.  I have had a complete gut full of her playing the damn victim.  Truth is she isn't, she just chooses not to fix things and then bitches and moans when things don't go right.

So why did she not confirm with my uncle as to if he had received the forms she needed ?  Now she needs him urgently and she cant get him.  Me if I send something via mail I always confirm its arrived if its important.  Its called following up, after all mail goes missing all the time.

I ended the conversation by telling her once again she needed mental help, that she needed someone to help her gain the tools to move forward.  I was blunt and to the point and said, "you are hurting yourself and those around you because you wont take responsibility for your own actions or mental health.  I am 100% sure you have situational depression and that is triggering paranoia in you." I then told her in no uncertain terms unless she gets help I wont call any more.  She promptly hung up.

Knowing our last arguments this will take until at least November before she decides she needs me again.  But will blame me for the break up.  She still tries to be the master manipulator but I am afraid these days I am so sick and tired of these games.

So at what point do you walk away and let them work it out for themselves.  I think I reached that today.  What do you think ?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?