39 Today

Hey all.  Well I made it to 39 years of age.  Bit of a milestone for me, very happy to still be here with you all.  Well today started early around 4.00am this morning and we have spent most of the day driving.

We made it to Rockhampton a few hours ago with dog in tow.  Tomorrow will see us out to the Bull Terrier breeder and being introduced to what I hope will be our new dog.  Will take some photos and put them up over the next couple of days, yes I brought the camera with me.

Bit tired now but will be heading out to get fish and chips for dinner, go sit in a park somewhere and watch the sun go down.  Traveling today reminded me so much of why I love this country, what an amazing place, the terrain is so varied and watching the sunrise this morning made my day.

How could anyone complain about being away, I have the two boys who mean the most to me with me and for the first time in a long time its just the three of us.

take care all

Edit:

Just got back in from dinner, but we did not get fish and chips.  We ended up getting a classic pub meal.  Now for those of you who dont know anything about Rockhampton, it is known as the beef capital of Australia.  This has some relevance.  We looked through the menu and both zoomed in on the crumbed beef and fries.  Now normally at home this is a piece of beef beaten so thin that its like paper with some sort of crumbed finish and you can count the fries on one hand

Well the girl struggles to the table with two huge terracotta glazed plates with a 400gram crumbed rump steak, and more fries than I could deal with.  It was simply amazing what a meal.  We didnt even know this place existed just walked off the street.  To be honest readers I have never ever had anything like it.  I have had a great birthday.  I hope the happiness I have felt today can follow me through the year.

I must also say thank you for reading my blog, I am humbled by the number of people reading this blog every day.  Over 4000 page views you guys are the best.

Comments

  1. Sounds delicious.

    Happy Birthday Horse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at crumbled beef :)

    Happy Birthday, its belated due to time difference

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys was an amazing day to say the least. Hope many more to come.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?