O Fortuna Excalibur Remix

Hi all,

Well today is about music and insane things that i have done in the past and I would do again in a heartbeat.  As I have stated in other posts I have owned some serious muscle when it comes to cars.

Don't be fooled into thinking I didn't know how to drive them.  Far from it in fact, had professional race driving instruction and did test driving for a Ford Mustang race team.  I certainly know how to handle horsepower.  Most people drive cars by what the gauges tell you they are happy to cruise along quietly.

For me its more than that, I become apart of the car as my concentration levels lift, I feel everything, every bump every vibration.  I come alive.  There is nothing quite like driving through each gear with the foot flat to the floor.  Flat changing with no lift off at all, to put a car onto 2 wheels with the harness biting at your body. You are literally on the edge .  The  heat the noise the smells, its a fantastic place to be.  There is nothing quite like it, being in that zone is an amazing place to be.

The sad thing is I can never ever accurately portray what it feels like, words cannot possibly give you the sensations you experience.

I had the occasion to mix it up with my road cars, normally through something windy and tight, slamming through the gears and nearly cooking the brakes and tires. I had a couple songs that would normally be playing stupidly loud.

Of course I would love this one, these guys were HUGE when I was younger, and I love the original clip



Now I know the clip is based on the matrix and its not bad, but its this remix that saw me do one of the fastest ever decent from King Lake into Yarra Glen, had a mate on board who had accused me of being a pussy the whole way, and said I needed a "Piss Weak Tours" sign on the back.  Anyway I got to the top of the climb saw no one in front and gave it to it.  I was smiling for weeks after that.

Was it stupid, was it dumb, yeah most likely one mistake would have seen me parked around a mountain ash and at the speed I was carrying there would not have been much left of the car.  When we finally slowed down, my mate says "Think we tore the piss weak tours sign up".  Would I do it again, hell yeah, but only in a sports car, anything else is simply to unpredictable.

The best run I ever had was from Warragul to Korumburra in Victoria in the black TS50.  Its normally about a 25 min trip have done in it in 12mins each way.  That thing had Bembro brakes near on impossible to cook.  I consider one of my best drives, taking each corner with precision that you can only get with a true sports car.


http://g.co/maps/s539s

So as I sit here today reaching middle age, I look forward to being able to have another performance car, still not sure when that will be or what I will get, but rest assured it will get used the way it was designed, I am even prepared to drive 3000kms to go do a track day, just to get in and go like hell. In my version of heaven there is lots of twisty roads and plenty of sports cars.

OK I admit this is edit three.  Been trying to work out how to put the thrill a little better, so I will use the boys at Metallica for that.  Fuel

Lyrics Here

A Petrol head for ever.





Comments

  1. How can you not love Kickstart My Heart?..so far over the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crew were just cool, and that song was out there. Still remember seeing the clip for the first time and thinking hell yeah. Funny I even knew then I wanted to be able to drive fast. Had pictures on the walls of Race Drivers and their cars. It was something my father fueled at every available moment.

      Delete
  2. Gotta love Metallica, and at least you will know how to drive your high performance car if you get another one, cars that powerful deserve to be driven by people who know what they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im still a Metallica fan club member after all these years which is kinda cool. Have a lot of limited edition stuff from them which all has its place wrapped up in the Metallica stuff bag lol..

      As for performance cars yeah, they make my heart skip a beat, and I see them as the absolute edge of engineering and technical brilliance. Like the Bugatti Veyron. Why build them, because we can and we must. Without the development of these cars lots of technologies like active stability control would never make it into every day cars.

      Me I drive them for the sheer joy and privilege of being able to do it. You never feel so much alive as when your right on the edge, the car telling you it has no more to give. Fantastic for lifting ones mood.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?