Mums Gone Home

Mum left to go home around 5.00am this morning, her flight was delayed but she still arrived at her destination on time.

So what was the outcome of the visit.  It proved what I had feared all along that mum would be incapable of keeping her opinions and attitude to things on hold while she was here.  We are both very strong willed people at times, and she has a habit of wanting to butt heads with me.  I think three major flare ups over the 16 days was probably good for us, but she certainly knows how to press my buttons at will.  Even after a doctors visit by me she was able to get me to fire up.

This is all well and good for a short visit but it worries me that she wants to move into the city in a year or two.  I dont know if I could put up with her BS long enough without killing her.  She has a habit of forcing me to do things that I am simply not interested in doing.  Even after explaining to her there was no point in trying to change things, she did it anyway.

I think this shows the utmost lack of respect of me as a person, and of the journey that I have traveled since I became ill.  As I said to her more than once, Im approaching 40 I dont need to have you to tell me how to live my life. 

Anyway it fell on deaf ears, wasnt long and she was back to her old tricks.

Whats more important in my mind is where to from here.  With her wanting to move here, do I make sure Im gone before she does, considering how much I love this town that pains me greatly.  Or do I alternatively force her to live as far away from me as possible.  I suppose its something I have some time to ponder on over the next year or so.

Anyway hope everyone had a good new years

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?