Hate being the Taxi

Well as you read in the last post I shifted house all day today, now as its nearing midnight I have guests to take half way across the city because I am the only one who is sober.

We had a BBQ tonight, with gourmet sausages from our local butcher was brilliant and really nice to eat.  Problem is they all want to kick on till after midnight when I want to go to sleep.  The perils of being sober lol.

Was nice doing the BBQ cook up, this new place makes all of that so easy with the BBQ only feet from the back deck and pool.

Think there have only been one or two nights since we moved in that I haven't used the BBQ for either a roast or for some nice cooked steaks or similar.  It dose a roast brilliantly, seems to sear the juices in, had pork beef lamb and chicken for Christmas day all done on the BBQ it was amazing.

Anyway off to take drunk people home.




Comments

  1. Haha.

    Occasionally, back in the old days it seems, I would drive so my sister and wife could drink...those two were a hilarious mess.

    That's a little different than what yer describing though...next time make Em sleep in the yard. It's warm out there right now innit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think its what happens when your partner is nearly 11 years younger than you. I dont want to stop them all going out just because I have no interest in it. But add a taxi fee from the city to home and it makes it a very expensive night for all. Last cab I took cost me $75 to get home.

    So lots cheaper for them I suppose and I get the knowledge of knowing everyone is safe. Just difficult when your already tired.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?