The Last 10 Days and Moving

Hi all, been a little while since I posted and for that I do apologize.  However I have a great excuse.

You see I moved house.  I wont say it was a pleasant experience, because it wasnt, it was down right horrible.  The move day was set weeks in advance we organized a truck and started packing.  There was a whole heap of drama around the house we were moving to but thats another post.

So the big day arrives, up early get the truck go to the new house do final condition report, get to the old house around 11.30am.  It was HOT HOT HOT, the sun was fierce and it was humid as all hell.  Turns out over 30 people presented at the hospital with heat stress.  Was the hottest January day on record. So we decided to retreat into the house and the A/C and have a sleep till it cooled off a little.

Was a great plan, but it didn't cool down, around 4.30pm we started moving all the heavy stuff, the next 13 hours are a blur I made 2 trips in the truck to the new house, and we finished the last load in the tiny hours of the next day.  It was still hot we had a downpour around midnight which of course didn't cool things down it just made it more uncomfortable and harder to work in.

The next couple of days were spent moving the smaller stuff, we hired a ute on Saturday and did 2 loads to the dump, and took a load of smaller stuff home.  Sunday was spent cleaning and bringing home the last of the stuff, which was mainly cleaning materials.

All in all a really hot and uncomfortable couple of days, done in the hottest possible time of the year.  I swear yet again I wont be moving in January ever again.  Since we have been in the new house the weather has been mild and wet as the monsoon starts to make its presence felt.  Once I have full broadband back I will post some pictures of this fantastic house we have moved into.  Its amazing, and I must admit after I got sic I never ever thought I would see the inside of another nice home again.

Happy to be back blogging

Comments

  1. Moving is one of life's greatest (meaning awful) chores. What a drag.

    Sounds like it was worth the effort though.

    Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?