How did that just happen ?

Ok. now you all know how much I hate shifting house. More specifically how much I hate shifting furniture down and up stairs. 

Well today we went to go help one of my partners friends.  Due to the fact she is under 25 I rented the removal truck in my name with the intention of only driving it.  Ha Ha Ha the laugh is on me.

We arrive at her place to find a Huge modular couch, An incredibly heavy front load washer fridge and solid timber bedroom suite, including tall boy.  Now you could probably imagine how unhappy I was to see all this furniture.  What made it worse is it was all on the second floor with stairs that make the Himalayan, mountains look like a bowling green.  To top it off the monsoon is here, humidity is high and the Suns scorching.

So much for only 2 hours.  We loaded the truck and took it to the place she was going to move in.  She got there and proceeded to burst into tears, saying she didn't want to live there.  She had originally organized to live with us.  To cut a long story short it all ended at our place.  Just as well to, because there was 4 flights of stairs to carry all this furniture up, something I wasn't in any mood to do by then.

So 7.5 hours later we are unpacked into our house with a fair amount of stuff in the shed.  Remember the shed I wanted to work in... Seems I wont be doing that for a while, which is a massive shame but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

So I got roped in yet again, my left elbow joint has been giving me hell for over a week now not exactly sure what I did to injure it but I have thats for sure.  Ah well if its still sore in a week suppose I go to the doctor.

One good thing though and totally unrelated, I finished the parcel shelf for Phill's car see photos below







Its 36mm thick two sheets of MDF glued and screwed, room was made for the 12" Pioneer Subwoofer, and 2 x 6x9 3 Ways speakers from Fusion.  If you look closely in bottom photo you will see the raised lip the subwoofer sits on the bottom shelf the 6x9's on the second.   Carpet is glued and stapled into place.  All in all a nice solid deck for everything to run off.  See im not just a computer nerd ;)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?