Car Audio

As mentioned a couple posts back my partner purchased a Renault Scenic.  To be honest a great car, neat tidy and gets up and goes.  One big issue with the car is the audio system in it just sucked.  About 3 weeks after getting the car, I fitted a new head unit for it.  I didn't solder the connections primarily because I knew at some point in the new future that new speakers amplifier etc would be added to the car.  So I used the exisitng wiring and hooked up the 4 exisitng speakers...

To say the sound output was pathetic doesn't cut it.  These 5.25 inch splits in the front and 5.25 inch two ways in the back were hopeless. The stereo had way to much power for them.  They were a small magnet paper cone variety that car manufactures thought were a good idea.  Anyway after several months my partner orderd some new 5.25 splits for the front,  Up specked the speaker cables ran them to the front doors, created solder joints for all the power lighting etc for the stereo mounted the new speakers in the doors and the splits in the dash.  Cut the wires to the rear speakers as they would simply distort the sound from the front.

A huge difference in sound.  I still think they need to be run off an amp.  Will do this with the next install.  We are looking at putting a set of 6 Inch splits in his parcel shelf and an 8 inch sub woofer between them.  Will re make the shelf using MDF and will cover it to make it all look nice.  Amp will be mounted in one of the under floor compartments.  We will need to do the back as its quite noticeable there is no sound being generated there.

Now normally I am OCD about speakers and brands.  For me its normally MTX or nothing.  We ended up buying some Fusion speakers.  Made in NZ and I must admit for this install they are the ducks nuts.  The base and sound out of them off the head unit alone is fantastic.  With the bezels off the other day they were clearly moving to create the base.  The scenic has a big space inside so I was very surprised at the sound they put out


Anyway if you see the fusion speakers feel free to give them a go though they may appear cheap, but I think you get a good bang for your buck.





Comments

  1. I read your blog; it’s really a best Old Tin Shed. Some time life become bore & this boring will change when such a lovely things happen in life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?