Heading away for a long weekend

Hi, all;

Three of us are heading up to Mission Beach North Queensland tomorrow for 3 days away.  I have a special affinity with Mission Beach and its surrounding areas.  My parents first went there in 1996 and continued traveling up there every year till end of 2004, when I got unwell.  I spent 8 weeks there in 2003 with my parents and we had an amazing time.

2003 was probably the last time I will ever fish in the ocean.  Dad had a runabout with a nice new Honda boat motor, and we headed out into the local waters to go fishing.  We didn't catch much but is a fond memory for me.  My father like my grandfather loved fishing, me I'm not so sure, I think its a lot of effort to throw them back, that might just be me being old fashioned.

2 years ago in September my mother laid my fathers ashes to rest out near the reefs that surround the islands, it was his wish to be spread through the corals.  I feel in a way now that I will always be drawn there, and maybe one day when things suit, I will move there to live.  Think it shows how much I miss my father, and how much I love the area.

Anyway will be nice to be up there again, they are slowly recovering after the cyclone last year, I think they will just be happy to have us there.

My posts over the long weekend will most likely be photos I have taken while we are away.

For all those who have come to read my blog I thank you, I will continue to post about things that are important to me, and of course the Tech posts that seem to be popular right now.


Comments

  1. We had our first frost last night and you are headed to the beach down there.

    I need a winter home in the Southern Hemisphere.


    Look forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love living here in the tropics even the cyclones don't worry me. Having said that the HOT days are hear. Gets pretty warm here before the monsoon takes hold. Then we get feet of rain every day for weeks on end. Humidity is something terrible. But that's what air conditioners are for. Will admit I have never ever seen snow falling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you and I live in the exact same climate...Hurricanes and all.

    We are sub-tropic though...so we do get a little winter. Anything below 60 degrees is appalling to me.

    No monsoons but we get tornadoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I moved here about 6 years ago from about 1500kms south, used to love the dry summers low humidity, but weeks where the temp didnt drop below 40C. Problem was it was to far from the ocean for me, and the winters were terrible cold icy winds off the southern highlands.

    Came up here for lots of reasons. The winters here are nothing short of amazing, clear blue skies and still walk around in shorts and t-shirt. One thing that freaked me out a little though is no one wears neck ties here. Makes sense when you think about it but strange for me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?