Regrets, something we all have

Its been a very stressful 24 hours and I am not joking on that front, more car related issues and only 4 days before I must take it on a 6000km journey.  Its called cutting it fine.

But today’s post isn’t about that, its about Regrets.   You see as I have gotten older and had this illness longer things that I had forgotten are slowly creeping back.  At best I cringe at worst, im terrified of what I did.  You see out of control I could and would do just about anything.

I wish somehow I could break from the shackles of these memories to erase them.  To take away the hurt I feel about them and the embarrassment I caused myself in the process.  Whoever said they could live their lives with no regrets is a far better person than me.

Now I know a lot of what went on was my illness and not the real me, but it scares me that it happened at all.  I want to distance myself from them but at the same time I understand that they are part of who I am today, like it or not.

I think the trick will be to accept that those things have happened and move on.  I burnt so many people most of who I will never talk to again.  I would like to say sorry, but after all that went down I know they would see it as hollow and without meaning.  Words can do tremendous damage when used the wrong way, damage that will never heal.

So every time I have a quiet moment and a memory returns I must live through the anxiety that follows.  I must also deal with the damage that the memory does to my own ideals of self worth.  In all its difficult and hard work, but given time I am sure I will learn to deal with these things also, after all if I don't I can only end up where I started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?