Veyron

As my dear readers all know I am a tiny bit of a car nutter.  Well more than a tiny bit.  I love cars, I love sports cars.

Now let me talk about engineering for a minute.  Cars are extremely complex pieces of engineering that are continually advancing getting faster, safer, more fuel efficient and nicer to drive.  As such we must talk about one of the engineering marvels of my life time.  The Bugatti Veyron.

When they were developing this car they were pushing the boundaries of what technology allowed to be possible, to me the numbers are simply mind boggling.  The standard super sport has a top speed of 431km/hr that is faster than a helicopter, in a car that has air bags, cd player air-conditioning.  For those who prefer the queens number that is 267mph. 

We are witnessing a concord moment with this car, with the way the world is and the cost of fuel, these cars are I am afraid becoming more and more irrelevant.  Does that make me not want one ?  Hell if you handed the keys over I would be gone before you took your next breath.  I tear up at the brilliance, the dedication and hard work that was completed by the engineers, the car and all its variants are an incredible piece of engineering and a piece of art. 

We live in an amazing age, but I doubt we will ever see another car in my life time that pushed the boundaries so hard and came out so amazing.  May the Veyron go down as a legendary motor car, because it truly deserves that status.

Both the video's below are worth a watch, first is James May in the first Veyron the second is him in the Super Sport. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?