Was 40

Hi all;

So I turned the big 40 today, had a fantastic day to be honest, bit of a hiccup at the end but nothing to change my mood.  I have had some time to reflect now it is the wee hours of the morning, and I am pondering if there was a moment in my life and I could capture it and stay there for as long as I liked, when and what would it be.

I think its different for everyone, and as unique individuals who live and grow over time, I think that chosen moment would change as well.

For me there are two moments in my life that if I could have again I would.  One was the hell drive over the hills around my old home, it was white knuckled sheer terror and thrill all in one.  I felt so alive every nerve on end.  The second moment that I wish I could have again wasn't just a moment but several hours as I listened to my grandfather tell me about his life.

So tonight I go to bed to sleep, knowing that life will go on and the world will continue to turn.  But dear reader I ask you, if you could have but two moment in your life you could have again.  What and where would they be

Horse

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Horse, as someone who hit that milestone number 2 years ago, welcome to the club!

    Now that question, there is some food for thought and your right it will change over time.

    My own 40th would be one, my friends pulled off a surprise trip for me and I spent the day of my 40th somewhere fabulous, amazing and just felt the love of amazing friendship

    A road trip I did with my Gran would be another, bombing along in my little car as fast as it would take us with the windows down. I know that she felt alive that day, well into her 80's, and it constantly reminds me to still make time to get a kick out of stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it might be an interesting question to ask. Since we cant have them again we tuck them away tight in our memories as high points. I think they are incredibly important in defining who we are and who we see ourselves as. thanks for sharing

    Horse

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?