The Diet a Month in.

Hey all, decided I should drop by and give you an update on the weight loss, and how its progressing.

The 28th of this month saw a full month of weight loss under my belt, and me still steadfastly dedicated to seeing this through.  I have had the odd weak moment when, I think why should I bother any more, and I will admit that in the middle of last week I had a weak moment while I was out and ordered a burger.

But what they say is true, falling off the horse isn't a bad thing as long as you get back on, and I did that alright.  Although it slowed my weight loss down quite a bit, things soon swung back into the groove.  My daily losses are not as consistent now, I have the odd couple days that I see no net loss, but overall I am still loosing nearly 1 Kg (2.2 pounds) for every 6 days I am dieting,  This is by far a more sustainable weight loss amount than that of the first couple of weeks.

I'm down under 116 Kgs (255.7 pounds)  and still moving downwards. I have lost a total of 12.4Kgs (27.3 pounds) I have started walking every couple of days for 1/2 hour to try and help the weight loss and my overall fitness along.  The new shakes are far better at keeping me full and the water cooler was an excellent purchase I'm going through around 12 ltrs (3.1 gallons) every 3 to 4 days.

Now I look at myself and wonder where the weight has come off, im still heavy by most peoples standards but people around me are noticing the weight loss a lot.  They are telling me a look healthier, and that I look better without the weight.  This kind of praise is really important to me during the process, as it helps re-enforce that im doing the right thing.

Im close to my first target weight now, and we will see how I feel about myself, my shape, and my health at that point, and determine if I should loose another 10Kgs.  My goal is still the same and that is to fit comfortably into an extra large T-shirt.

Have I learnt anything through all of this ?  Of course I have.  I have learnt more about me and why I eat the way I do.  The day I broke the diet showed me more about myself and what makes me and food tick than any other process I have been through.  It really made me think about my relationship with food and how I use to to placate emotions like anger and aggression.  Something I hadn't realized in the past.

Thanks for your support guys, its much appreciated



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?