Are we looking at this wrong ?

This post could be either brilliant or just plain out there, as is normal with me so here goes.

To get my point across here we need to talk about a couple of theories on the Human mind and what makes as tick.  I will try and make these points as short as possible.

Firstly is the idea of "I think therefore I am".  So because we can think about ourselves, others and our surroundings then we have a conscious.  I could write a essay on what it is to be human and how its more than just that statement, and that in our own arrogance we have assumed way to much.  The crucial point for this post is the "I think therefore I am" taken as a literal.

Secondly the idea that "I remember so I can learn".  Another fundamental thing that we have assumed makes human beings somehow different from everything else.  Its in this statement that I think we as human being have made a horrible mistake in dealing with mental health.

We know we age because of corruption of the DNA strands on replication.  This is a known fact not some scary thing calling him/herself god telling us.  Its been observed and held to the highest of investigative and scientific standards.

So why mention the above how does that link the other concepts.  This is where I think, there may be a clue to whats really going on inside the brain of someone like me.  I have in the past spoken about tipping points and that fits neatly within this also.

So I ask the question "Is it possible that the replication of memories leads to mental illness?  In that each time the memory is accessed it is corruptly stored, until a point where the data is so scrambled it causes a meltdown of some kind.  PTSD, and those recovering from Torture certainly show that this is possible.  There was an event then sometime after that event things stop working properly.

Not only trauma the great Bipolar debate about did the Bipolar cause the event or did the event cause the Bipolar, again a certain set of circumstances caused the brain to short circuit and then its never the same.  Same would happen to a modern CPU in a computer if overheated it would never work properly again with no way of repairing itself.  Hence this may be the cause of our own mental illnesses.  Not just the fact that they occur and the possibility that occurring due to poor replication or interference.  Our system has no way to repair itself. No self healing alternate circuits.

Im not trying to say all the billions we have spent of research is incorrect, in fact with out it I would no longer be alive.  There have been times my will to die has far exceeded the voices of reason and of those who loved me.  The meds helped me through those times, through the indescribable pain and suffering that comes with it.  What I am trying to say is can we look outside the box, is it possible to create a self healing circuit one that sees the corruption and self heals.  We do it with file operating systems such as ZFS, so why cant we replicate the same thinking in medicine.

I know this stuff takes time and I am aware there is a huge difference between an electronic circuit in a CPU and the stuff that goes on inside the most complicated computer in the world our brain.  But we mapped the Human Genome and the advantages of that are still being felt.  Human misery because of mental illness is only increasing as our lives get longer and more complicated.  They say the suffering of one is nothing compared to the suffering of the many.  But I argue that the suffering of one is one to many.




Horse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?