Med Change ohh the Joy

Hi all yes dont all die of shock, I have a second post in a row, yeah it has been a while and im not sure how long I will keep at it other to say that I am having fun.

Well today is first day of a new med change.  Serequel a Drug that has served me well for a decade has come to the end of its usefullness for me.  I have developed type 2 Diabetes around its use.  It seems there is a corrolation to its use in high dose to this ailment.  Today is the third try to migrate from it to a drug called abilifi, a well used and well tested anti-psychotic.

So last night I took my first pill and dropped the seroquel input by 300mg unfortunately it was not enough.  I was awake a wired most the night.  It did not help I have a server out of action the two stresses fed off each other.   So I have just had about an hour and 45 minutes of sleep feel lots better.

So tonight I will drop 600mg of Seroquel and take the abilify I hope its enough and lets me sleep and its not to much and give me withdrawls.  Its a hard thing migrating drugs of dependence.  My body is addicted to the Seroquel, and relies on its actions to keep me as stable as possible.   Just because I am migrating to another anti-pschotic does not mean it stop one start the other, thats dangerous to my brain stability and can cause lasting damage.

So is it worth it when another drug is on the horizon I think the health benefits are worthwhile, the reduction in blood sugars alone are a massive thing, less medications, less for my mind and body to deal with every day.  As I said in the last post its getting harder and harder to continue to take the medications, and easier and easier to stop and let the illness rule my life and ultimately me take it.

So now going to try work out what I am having for dinner tonight, it wont be much but be enough I hope :)



Thanks for Reading

Horse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?