Wow Simply wow

I have spoken many many times on this blog about my spiritual journey and I have spoken about my early life within a church that at the time, would have kicked me out.  I have spoken about the more recent incident where I was banned from attending services because I was gay.

Then just now I found this

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/pope-francis-says-he-wont-judge-priests-for-being-gay-as-he-returns-from-brazil/story-fndir2ev-1226687806050

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-29/pope-francis-says-it-is-not-his-place-to-judge-homosexuals/4851802?section=australianetworknews

Are we seeing a monumental change in church doctrine.  Is this the beginning of the renewal ?  Im sitting here in tears, I cant believe what has been said.  my favorite line in all of this is

And when someone sins and confesses, he said, God not only forgives but forgets.
"We don't have the right to not forget," he said.

I have waited half a life time to hear those words.  Now how long till it becomes ok for people like me to return.  Its hard to walk away from what you spent half your life believing in.

So I am just wow at the moment, I hope for everyone involved this is the beginning of a church that is relevant for all its flock.

Horse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?