Why is it ?

Hi all;

Todays question relates to customers, who tell you they want very specific things but when you quote them the cost they have a heart attack.  Case in point.  Customer has a digital IP CCTV system installed. Its .5mp very average image quality.  client says needs to be crystal clear,  I quote crystal clear but thats to expensive.

Now this isnt just related to this customer its related to a lot of customers, I always encourage them to look for what they want online then come to me.  But it seems they see what they want and think that I can magically make them 30% cheaper.  Its damn frustrating especially when you quoting time is getting shorter by the day.

I love IT but I hate this shit, then the whole issue of getting paid on time and the list simply goes on and on.

Now to be fair, IT is confusing even for me at times, but for a customer not to know what they require then ask me to work that out for them worries me a lot.  Not because I cant quote the right equipment but because quite often they are left to the wolves with other areas of the business so inherently they dont trust ,me.

So the situation ends like this. Client has unreal expectations, client doesnt trust the IT staff to do the job, but then places whole job into IT Staffs hands to work out.  Fantastic dont you think.  Its no wonder im fat and bald.

I know one thing even at the reduced cost it should be a great system for them.

If only I could make it someone else issue not mine,  Though I really do need the money

horse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?