I have the meds

Hi,

Well im a bit better today, don't want yesterday to happen again for a very very long time.  I got into see my doctor today and we now have a plan in place to ensure I can have the medications I need.

You see this medication is a first in class drug, ie there isn't another drug that works the same way.  Normally in Australia this would mean automatic addition to the PBS scheme that pays the bulk of the cost of the medications.  However for political reasons this drug has been excluded.

I wrote a very long letter to both my state and federal ministers today explaining what happens when I can't have the medications, and why there isnt another drug I can take.  One can only hope that it has some effect on those morons who make the final decisions.

Anyway took a tablet this afternoon and slept some, feel better and will take another one in a couple hours and go to bed, should see me feeling heaps better tomorrow.  At times you know I can forget that I have an illness.  I can sometimes forget that without the meds my life simply implodes.  Then I have these nasty reminders to show me how out of my control my illness is.  Its no wonder so many people choose to end it rather than put up with what happens without warning.




Comments

  1. Glad to hear it Horse, think Google ate my comment yesterday.

    I'm not big on praying, but our good blog friend EF has taken care of that department. I will be thinking of you and hoping you continue your road to recovery

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do Dragons Die

Will his effect die with him?